Friday, January 7, 2022

2022 Character Challenge 7) Paranoia - Classic

I'm trusting the computer on Day 7 of the #CharacterCreationChallenge


The original version of the game, and for this version I'm leaning into the classic goofy concept of the game. The characters name is Bye-R-Onn-1, and he is a tall, dark, brooding figure. His star rolls were very good to great, with a maxed out Mechanical Aptitude, very high Manual Dexterity and Moxie, and a well above average Strength. He's also got a below average Chutzpah, so he's lousy at lying because, fundamentally, he considers others his inferiors. 


OK, sure, he's a newly minted Red troubleshooter and therefore wildly out of his depth, but I think it would be fun to play. And in the classic mode he'll make it one, maybe two sessions. 

Technically he's in PLC, just like my last character, but this one works maintaining the tech and robots of the food development group, biding his time until his inferiors are replaced by the superior robots, as befits a member of the Corpre Metal secret society. I spent my 3 skill points giving him Tech Support (1), Robotics (2) and Weapons Maintenance (2). 

I do like the concept behind the skill trees and groups. It's interesting that it didn't catch on anywhere else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment